A quake measuring 4.7 on Richter scale took place in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) state of India around 4:28 AM today. There have been no reports of damage or loss of life from the area. The J&K earthquake hit 2 days after 2 quakes of moderate intensity jolted the region of 5.4 as well as 4.7 intensity respectively in the same region.
Tremors were felt by the people in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. The first earthquake hit on Dec 9 whereas the other earthquake hit J&K state on recently close to 4:15 AM.
Tremors were felt by the people of Jammu and Kashmir as an earthquake with 4.7 magnitude on the Richter scale took place in the Indian state. It happened in the J&K region close to 4:28 AM early morning today. There have not been any reports of loss of life or damage to property damage yet. The quake has come barely 2 days after 2 earthquakes of moderate magnitude of around 5.4 and 4.7, respectively, hit the same region. The first earthquake came on Dec 9, 2017 evening, whereas the other one which was also moderate hit Jammu and Kashmir state on Dec 9 close to 4:15 AM.
Increase in earthquake activity in north India
The occurrence of moderate earthquakes has increased in the past couple of days and has, in fact, witnessed a sharp rise. On Dec 6, an earthquake of magnitude 5.5 hit many parts of the north Indian region. People in many states such as Jammu and Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi and NCR, Punjab, Haryana, and Himachal Pradesh witnessed it. The earthquake occurred in many regions and people had to stay out of their houses for more than a couple of hours in the wintery conditions to take precautions. The quake had its epicentre 121 km off Dehradun, near Uttarakhand’s Rudraprayag. This entire Himalayan region is a highly volatile seismic zone.
Image: for representational purposes only
- 4 Steps For Water Conservation You Can Take This World Water Day - March 30, 2019
- Avan Motors Soon Launching New Series Of Digital Electric Scooters - March 18, 2019
- Trend E Electric Scooter from Avan Motors Officially Unveiled - March 13, 2019
- 5 green cars in India with low emissions to combat Air Pollution - March 11, 2019
- Electric Scooter Accidents to be Studied in USA for the First Time - March 10, 2019
- Women in India earn 20% less than men: Gender disparity - March 8, 2019
- Ather 450 Review: Cool Looks, Well Designed, Powerful Electric Scooter - March 7, 2019
- Mahindra Glyd, Premium Tech-based E-mobility Service, Starts in Mumbai - March 3, 2019
- Avan Xero Plus Electric Scooter Launched for Price Rs. 47,000 - February 26, 2019
- Bajaj Auto Urbanite May Set Benchmarks for Electric Scooters in India - February 21, 2019