DuPont has announced its 2020 Sustainability Report. DuPont’s innovation culture as well as diverse portfolio position the company to deliver science-based solutions which create sustainable, positive societal change, and advantages in areas such as health and safety, clean water, high- speed connectivity and automotive electrification. Among the ways the company’s differentiators are being harnessed to create environmental advantage are its investment in technologies for 5G networks to support connected, sustainable communities. DuPont’s AHEAD™ automotive program will help accelerate the transportation industry’s transformation to hybrid and electric vehicles.
DuPont’s 2030 Sustainability Goals underline importance of bringing sustainable innovations to market and drawing inspiration from the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs), which help to gauge the biggest market drivers in the years to come and chart a path.
“At the end of 2019, we announced 2030 Sustainability Goals—nine ambitious goals developed to amplify our company’s contributions in areas critically important to our stakeholders and society,” said Alexa Dembek, DuPont Chief Technology & Sustainability Officer. “In this sustainability report, we introduce our roadmap to meet goals, hold ourselves accountable and track progress. You’ll read about how we engage colleagues and communities by empowering people to drive change and be part of the solutions. While report tracks 2019 performance, commitment is especially visible right now, as we find new ways to secure the safety of our teams, recommit to responsibilities to assure racial justice for Black Americans and partner with industry leaders to provide protective equipment for frontline workers to combat the pandemic.”
Highlights of the company’s performance include:
- In our operations, we continue to deliver world-class health and safety performance. In 2019, 75% of DuPont sites achieved zero injuries or illnesses, which is best safety performance ever recorded.
- We are advancing water security, availability, and quality worldwide through our purification technologies, and we’ve expanded our capabilities with strategic acquisitions of Memcor, Inge, Desalitech and OxyMem.
- We partnered with Habitat for Humanity International to provide safe and energy-efficient housing for people worldwide. In the second half of 2019, 400 DuPont employees donated more than 2,550 service hours to Habitat projects in 16 communities across the USA and Canada.
- We continue to affirm our commitment to address climate change as a member of the CEO Climate Dialogue, a collaboration between large companies and NGOs working together to advance effective climate legislation in the US.
- We were named in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender- Equality Index (GEI), and for the sixth year in a row, scored a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index (CEI).
“DuPont’s businesses and employees have a long history of improving the world through science-based innovation and that is reflected today in an approach to sustainability that empowers people everywhere to be agents of change,” said Ed Breen, DuPont Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Our goals include achieving a more just and equitable world for all, which is why I felt it was so important to sign on to the Catalyst CEO Champions for Change, pledging to advance more women, particularly women of color, into senior leadership positions and onto our board, and the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion pledge. In this period of profound global change and unprecedented health, economic, and societal challenges, I expect this first Sustainability Report will be the foundation for meaningful change, with DuPont innovation helping to lead the way to dramatic improvements on multiple fronts.”
To learn more about DuPont’s sustainability investments and performance, please read the full 2020 DuPont Sustainability Report.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) is a global innovation leader with technology-based materials, ingredients and solutions that help transform industries and everyday life. Our employees apply diverse science and expertise to help customers advance their best ideas and deliver essential innovations in key markets including electronics, transportation, construction, water, health and wellness, food, and worker safety. More information can be found at www.dupont.com
- World Nature Conservation Day 2020: History and Importance - July 29, 2020
- How Kyra’s Natural Detergents are Keeping the Earth Clean - July 27, 2020
- DuPont Publishes Sustainability Report 2020 - July 23, 2020
- Bipartisan Resolution Highlights the Positive Impact of Gardening in the USA - July 5, 2020
- How to find best tourist places with this Reverse Image Search tool - May 11, 2020
- Earth Day 2020: A Look at Its History and Founding Days - April 22, 2020
- World Wetlands Day 2020 Celebrated in Guwahati - February 3, 2020
- Shift Clothing Aims At Sustainable Fashion: Opines Founder Nimish Shah - June 2, 2019
- Fashion Needs to Be Closer to Sustainability: Raul Rai, Nicobar Clothing - May 22, 2019
- 5 Really Cool Ecofriendly Clothing Brands: Sustainable Fashion - May 22, 2019