Eileen Fisher is the world leader in sustainable fashion. Since its founding in 1984, Eileen Fisher has created pieces which are durable, create new trends and has been able to mitigate the damaging effects of cloth manufacturing on the environment. In fact, sustainability has become a key aspect in the fashion industry. It has prompted several big companies to alter their practices, hoping to strike the right chords of an increasingly righteous public, which is ecological as well as ethically sound.
As a renowned American designer, Eileen Fisher has had a vision to make a fully sustainable company. She has pledged that all cotton used by her brand would be sustainable as well as organic by the year 2020. The company would use wool by sheep which are ethically raised as well as on the land which is taken care of with care and respect. She has the environment’s wellbeing on the top of her mind. Plus, 40 per cent of the dye which will be used by the company for any products would be free from chemicals that have toxic properties. Eileen Fisher realizes that this would not be enough, so she is also trying to collaborate with companies that supply ethical dyes in order to create a 100 per cent ethical product. Though the fashion industry has to carry out many such drives and sustainability remains an issue, it is slowly trying to mend its ways. Check out these trends in fashion sustainability to see how fashion houses are going eco in 2018.
According to the United States’ Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates, 25.5 bn pounds of reusable textiles are discarded every year. They actually occupy 5 per cent of landfills. This averages 70 pounds per person. With the continuous marketing of styles every season, the public is being encouraged to buy ever more items. The huge mountain of discarded cloth and apparel does not seem to be disappearing any time soon. Such environmental initiatives such as those by Eileen Fisher are much needed.
- Tree Man of India Vishweshwar Dutt Saklani Passes Away in Uttarakhand - February 6, 2019
- The Chobani Way: Bringing Sustainability and Natural Values Together - January 21, 2019
- 429 Elephants Killed in India in Past 10 Years By Poachers - January 18, 2019
- Kolkata Air Pollution Level Spikes; Air Quality Rivals National Capital Delhi - January 6, 2019
- Mumbai’s Dabbawalas Save Food Worth Rs. 40 Lakh Every Day - December 5, 2018
- Tarte Cosmetics Blends Glamour n Green with Amazonian Clay, Maracuja - November 30, 2018
- Eileen Fisher Designs Reinforce Sustainable Fashion - November 28, 2018
- How 1 Hotels is Combining Hospitality and Sustainability - November 22, 2018
- Best Mask For Pollution after Diwali: Honeywell, 3M, Vogmask - November 12, 2018
- How to choose air purifier for indoor air pollution: Delhi Smog - November 9, 2018