Evoke Motorcycles, a leading electric vehicle manufacturer of China, is planning an India entry. The company would try to fill the gap in the electric vehicle market for an EV which is competitively priced. This would be pitched against the 125 cc to 150 cc competitors in the Indian market.
Of late, the Indian government has been quite aggressive as far as the drive for electric mobility in the country is concerned. The recent FAME II Scheme is also encouraging interest from overseas electric vehicle companies. Evoke Motorcycles, which is headquartered in China, is one of them. Nathan Siy is the co-founder as well as CEO of Evoke Motorcycles has been showing keen interest. According to reports, the electric vehicle company is planning to enter the Indian market for electric two-wheelers and raise the heat in the already competitive market.
The India program of Evoke Motorcycles encompasses treating India as its design center. This also includes plans for it as a potential export as well as production hub. According to Evoke Motorcycles, Project M1 seeks to fill the gap in the market for a competitively priced EV, which is pitched against 125cc to 150cc ICE-driven competitors.
Through its electric two wheelers, Evoke Motorcycles would bring its proprietary and patented fast charging capabilities. According to Evoke Motorcycles claims its bikes could be charged from 0 to 80 per cent in only 15 minutes. This is a revolutionary innovation which could be a potential game changer as far as increasing the adoption of EVs globally is concerned. The company has revealed that it would ensure that its India customers don’t miss out on such novel and new innovations that the company has been developing at its research and development centers. The fast charging capabilities are particularly important. Evoke Motorcycles is exploring the option of setting up Evoke Charging Stations in the local market. Advanced level talks are on to realize the ambitions of the company.
- Earth Day 2019: A Look at Its History and Founding Days - April 21, 2019
- Evoke Motorcycles from China Plans Electric Bike for India Entry - April 5, 2019
- Lightning Strike Electric Sports Bike Formally Showcased - April 2, 2019
- Okinawa Ridge Plus Review: Green Bike For the Youth - March 24, 2019
- How to celebrate eco-friendly Holi in 5 simple ways: Save Environment - March 21, 2019
- Muqbil Ahmar Gets Green Human Award for Reaching 10 Million Readers - March 14, 2019
- Delhi Government Will Run 1,000 Electric Buses: Green Transport - March 12, 2019
- Mahindra & Mahindra Launches Glyd, Premium E Mobility Service - March 1, 2019
- Tree Man of India Vishweshwar Dutt Saklani Passes Away in Uttarakhand - February 6, 2019
- The Chobani Way: Bringing Sustainability and Natural Values Together - January 21, 2019