An environmentalist from Guwahati, Assam has been awarded the Bharat Leadership Award 2018. Moharana Choudhury has been honored for his community focused work in the field of environment at northeastern states of India and the country by motivating youths for environmental conservation activity for nation-building works. The young researcher cum environmentalist has worked on several initiatives to integrate sustainable projects in various heritage iconic places of Assam, especially for cleanliness missions, like Beat Plastic Pollution by focusing on Environment education both for school and community levels. He is working for achieving sustainable goal mission emphasized by Environment Education in the country both for academic and community levels.
He is also working for various environmental research, environmental management, social mass awareness, research, and conservation activities in the state of Assam, India for a long time and has also published several national, international scientific research papers in reputed journals so far. Choudhury, is associated several non-profit organizations and also one of active member of an organization known as ‘Voice of Environment’. He is known for his work on the implementation of Environment Education and rights of Environmental Degree holders of India.
Chao Hemajit Daudhai Phukan, another delegate from Assam, was also awarded with Bharat Leadership Award 2018 for work in the social sector. Chao Hemajit Daudhai Phukan is presently working on Voluntary Blood donation and is the founder of Club 25 International Assam and along with membership of many national and international organizations.
Bharat Leadership Award 2018 is an honorary award given in honor of future leaders of India who have inspired and have done remarkable work in the fields of social development, education, environment, science and technology, entrepreneurship and institution, culture, sports, media, literature, documentation, youth politics and agriculture.
The awardees were felicitated in Patna on 9 September 2018. Awardees and Delegates from 17 states of India joined the programme at Niyojan Bhawan at Patna city along with several others from abroad in the presence of Tourism Minister of Bihar and Member of Legislative Council Kumar Deepak, Environment Officer from UNDP as well as several teachers and professors from Patna University, IIT Chennai and other dignitaries.
- Caring for Forests Today to Ensure Clear Skies Tomorrow - August 6, 2020
- Moody’s Declares Environmental Sustainability Commitments - August 5, 2020
- Can Selling Timber Help Communities Maintain Forests? - August 4, 2020
- Tetra Pak Commits Itself to Net Zero Emissions as Strategic Vision - August 2, 2020
- International Tiger day: Importance and Significance - August 1, 2020
- Inventor John Warner Joins Zymergen For Green Chemistry - July 30, 2020
- Diageo Develops 100% Plastic Free Paper-Based Bottle for Spirits - July 29, 2020
- Azure Power Gets 2 GW Greenshoe Option - July 25, 2020
- Sports, Sustainability and Science: A Win-Win for the Triple Bottom Line - July 19, 2020
- Climate Smart and Sustainable Development of Indian Fisheries and Aquaculture: Research Article - July 10, 2020