Environmentalists from the North East of India, including Assam and Nagaland, have been recognized for their stellar work in the field of environmental conservation. Moharana Choudhary, hailing from Guwahati, Assam has been awarded “India’s Great Leaders Award 2018”. He has been honoured for his community focused work in the field of Environment in the Northeastern States of India and the country by motivating youths for Environmental Conservation activity for nation building works. Senti K (Senti Pokla Jamir) from Nagaland also received the India’s Great Leaders Award 2018 for her works in the education sector. Both these are from Northeast India.
Moharana Choudhury, the young researcher and environmentalist is working on several initiatives to integrate sustainable approaches in various heritage iconic places in state of Assam and has been driving initiatives focused around: Cleanliness Mission, Beat Plastic Pollution, and Environmental Conservation programs. The NGO is promoting Environment Education both for school and community levels. He is working for achieving Global Sustainable Goal Mission and Climate Change related challenges emphasized by proper Environment Education.
He is into various Environmental research activities, study, environmental management, social mass sensitization activities, promoting eco-tourism and Environmental conservation activities for the state of Assam, and the country for a long period and has also published several National, International Scientific research papers/reports in reputed journals. Choudhury, is associated with several non-profit organizations and is also working for volunteering organization known as ‘Voice of Environment’. He is doing work on Environment Education, recognition and value of Environmental Degree holders of India. He holds a degree in Environmental Sciences.
IGLA is an honorary award under India’s Great Leaders Award Festival -2018 which is organized by National Human Welfare Council. This event is a national level talk summit known as “SAMVAD”. The winners are ranked in the respective categories and selected by an expert jury. IGLA is given in the honor of leaders of India who showed the path of prosperity and is designed to recognize leaders of tomorrow across India who have inspired and have done remarkable work in the field of Social Development, Education, Environment, Science and Technology, Entrepreneurship, Culture, Sports, and Literature.
Selected awardees from more than 20 states of India, 30 numbers of Government School teachers and 30 Social activists from different areas like Social Development, Environment, Science and Technology, Entrepreneurship, Culture, Sports, and Literature of India were felicitated at the Press Club of India, Raisina Road, New Delhi on 21st October 2018, in the presence of Chief Guest as Manish Sisodiya, Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi for giving away India’s Great Leaders Award 2018.
Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi Sisodia said that proper education can change the scenario of the country and the globe. He congratulated the delegates who were nominated for this award and urged the youth to come forward for a great cause. Selected awardees participated in the talk session “SAMVAD” in their respective field categories and shared their views and experience on role of youths.
- MK Gandhi Was Concerned about Air Pollution, Environmental Health - December 18, 2018
- Air-o-Thon Conference Seeks to Bring Focus Back on Indoor Air Pollution - December 10, 2018
- Use Artificial Intelligence (AI) For Solving Global Water Crisis - November 29, 2018
- Environmental Science Necessary for Solutions to Environmental Problems - November 8, 2018
- North East Environmentalists Get India’s Great Leaders Award (IGLA) 2018 - October 31, 2018
- Air-o-Thon and Green Ubuntu Partner for Fighting Air Pollution - October 27, 2018
- Environment Laws Have Benefited More from Supreme Court than Govt - October 22, 2018
- Breaking News: Delhi Air Pollution Emergency Plan from Tomorrow - October 14, 2018
- Mission Green Mumbai and Green Ubuntu Partner for Raising Awareness - October 12, 2018
- Airothon Air Pollution Conference Talks Mass Awareness in Bangalore - October 7, 2018