Adani Renewable Energy Park (in Gujarat), which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Adani Green Energy, has been able to get the tender for the setting up of a 150 MW solar power project. The Tender has been awarded by the Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam (also called “GUVNL”). The solar power project is to be developed and established in the Indian State of Gujarat.
The solar power project is to be commissioned in a few years: by around October to December quarter of the years 2020 to 2021 (the financial year). The PPA tariff will be around Rs 2.671 kWh for a time period of about 25 years. With this announcement from the company Adani Green Energy, AGEL’s portfolio of renewable energy generation capacity in the country will now stand at around 4.31 GWac, which is a big number. This counts around 1. 97 GWac of operational projects as well as a balance about 2.34 GWac, which is in the development stage for Adani Green Energy.
Indian outlook for solar energy
The chorus for renewable energy is increasing. India is making rapid progress in solar power generation. India has set an ambitious solar energy target of around 100 GW by 2022. In order to achieve this target, more of such steps will be needed. India has also promised the establishment of 175 Giga Watt of renewable energy power generation.
India’s renewable energy sector is a prime focus of the Indian government. Renewable energy power generation and development is taking strides. The Government interventions could make India a renewable energy hub. Investors from around the world have been bidding, participating and winning projects for solar as well as wind energy projects. An investment of about $10.2 billion was made in the 2016 in India. This is the fifth highest in the world. India is part of International Solar Alliance (or the ISA summit). The country is trying to up the ante as far as renewable energy and solar energy is concerned.
- Adani Green Energy Gets 150 MWac Solar Power Project in Gujarat - February 25, 2019
- Ghana Government to Produce Biodegradable Plastic Bags from Cassava - September 28, 2018
- Solar Power Tariff Hits New Lows at Solar Corporation of India (SECI) Bid - September 16, 2018
- International Tiger Day 2018: How Royal Bengal Tiger thrives in India - July 29, 2018
- Kanpur Innovators Fight Water Pollution: Flower Waste Management - June 23, 2018
- Portable off grid toilets don’t need plumbing, water, power: Diana Yousef - June 12, 2018
- Using Agricultural Waste to Grow Mushrooms: Innovations in Sustainability - June 3, 2018
- Woman social entrepreneur invents waste management tool: TrashCon - May 13, 2018
- India adds 10 GW solar energy capacity in FY 2017–2018, total 22 GW - May 3, 2018
- How solar-powered boat clinics help flood victims in Assam, India - April 9, 2018