Ather Energy has announced that it will offer extended warranty of 3 years on Ather 450 Electric Scooter for all customers. Moreover, the price of the Ather 450 electric scooter has come down by Rs. 5000, that is, from Rs. 1.28 lakh to Rs. 1.23 lakh. Ather Energy revealed Ather 450 electric scooter has got FAME II certification. This means that there will be a hike in subsidy amount (gone up from Rs 22,000 to Rs 27,000 due to decrease in price by Rs 5000, which means from Rs 1.28 lakh to Rs 1.23 lakh).
Despite orders coming in for the bike, Ather Energy has staved off deliveries in order to pass on the benefit to customers with a brand new on-road price (Rs 1,23,230). Ather Energy also sells the Ather 340 electric scooter. However, that version is still to get FAME II certification. The price therefore stays at Rs 1.13 lakh. But industry experts say that the Ather 350 will also get a benefit of Rs. 5000 in the coming few days.
Ather Energy says: “Though orders for the Ather 450 electric scooter have continued in Bengaluru through April, deliveries had been held by company so that subsidy benefit can be passed to owners. Consumers can expect Ather 450s to start getting delivered in the next few weeks, with a new on road price of Rs. 1,23,230.”
How Did Ather 450 Get the FAME II certification?
There are certain criteria to be met for a FAME II certification. An electric scooter must have a top speed of more than 40 km per hour as well as a minimum range of about 80 km on one charge. Moreover, it should have at least 50 per cent of it parts locally sourced. Ather 450 electric scooter has been able to meet all the criteria. It also claims a range of around 55 to 75 km on one charge.
“Ather Energy will extend their existing FAME 1 certified 450 customers’ comprehensive warranty to three years from the existing two years. The gesture emphasizes Ather’s intent of ensuring delightful ownership experience to its consumers. All Ather 450s, certified under FAME 2, will come with three year warranty as mandated, along with company’s ‘Make in India’ battery pack,” says Ather Energy.
The batteries of Ather 450 electric scooter are waterproof to IP 67 rating with a life of 50,000 km. On board features also include bluetooth connectivity, color touchscreen, OTA updates, as well as vehicle diagnostics through the phone as well as the app. Ather 450 also gets disc brakes in the rear and front, reverse gear, etc. It can be charged up to 80 per cent in about 60 minutes.
Till date, Ather 450 is on sale only in Bengaluru. The company’s future plans include the expansion of sales to about 30 major cities of India by the year 2023 with a total of as many as 6500 charging points across the nation. In June, Ather Energy would enter the city of Chennai. Pune, Delhi, and Hyderabad will follow next. The Pune launch has been confirmed for this year. By the year 2019, Ather Energy plans to have a presence in as many as 6 Indian cities.
- Bipartisan Resolution Highlights the Positive Impact of Gardening in the USA - July 5, 2020
- How to find best tourist places with this Reverse Image Search tool - May 11, 2020
- Earth Day 2020: A Look at Its History and Founding Days - April 22, 2020
- World Wetlands Day 2020 Celebrated in Guwahati - February 3, 2020
- Shift Clothing Aims At Sustainable Fashion: Opines Founder Nimish Shah - June 2, 2019
- Fashion Needs to Be Closer to Sustainability: Raul Rai, Nicobar Clothing - May 22, 2019
- 5 Really Cool Ecofriendly Clothing Brands: Sustainable Fashion - May 22, 2019
- Ather 450 Electric Scooter Warranty Hiked till 3 Years for All Customers - May 14, 2019
- Xiaomi Electric Bike With 120 km Range Launched in China - April 29, 2019
- Evoke Motorcycles from China Plans Electric Bike for India Entry - April 5, 2019