Eileen Fisher is the world leader in sustainable fashion. Since its founding in 1984, Eileen Fisher has created pieces which are durable, create new trends and has been able to mitigate the damaging effects of cloth manufacturing on the environment. In fact, sustainability has become a key aspect in the fashion industry. It has prompted several big companies to alter their practices, hoping to strike the right chords of an increasingly righteous public, which is ecological as well as ethically sound.
As a renowned American designer, Eileen Fisher has had a vision to make a fully sustainable company. She has pledged that all cotton used by her brand would be sustainable as well as organic by the year 2020. The company would use wool by sheep which are ethically raised as well as on the land which is taken care of with care and respect. She has the environment’s wellbeing on the top of her mind. Plus, 40 per cent of the dye which will be used by the company for any products would be free from chemicals that have toxic properties. Eileen Fisher realizes that this would not be enough, so she is also trying to collaborate with companies that supply ethical dyes in order to create a 100 per cent ethical product. Though the fashion industry has to carry out many such drives and sustainability remains an issue, it is slowly trying to mend its ways. Check out these trends in fashion sustainability to see how fashion houses are going eco in 2018.
According to the United States’ Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates, 25.5 bn pounds of reusable textiles are discarded every year. They actually occupy 5 per cent of landfills. This averages 70 pounds per person. With the continuous marketing of styles every season, the public is being encouraged to buy ever more items. The huge mountain of discarded cloth and apparel does not seem to be disappearing any time soon. Such environmental initiatives such as those by Eileen Fisher are much needed.
- Fashion Needs to Be Closer to Sustainability: Raul Rai, Nicobar Clothing - May 22, 2019
- 5 Really Cool Ecofriendly Clothing Brands: Sustainable Fashion - May 22, 2019
- Ather 450 Electric Scooter Warranty Hiked till 3 Years for All Customers - May 14, 2019
- Xiaomi Electric Bike With 120 km Range Launched in China - April 29, 2019
- Earth Day 2019: A Look at Its History and Founding Days - April 21, 2019
- Evoke Motorcycles from China Plans Electric Bike for India Entry - April 5, 2019
- Okinawa Ridge Plus Review: Green Bike For the Youth - March 24, 2019
- How to celebrate eco-friendly Holi in 5 simple ways: Save Environment - March 21, 2019
- Muqbil Ahmar Gets Green Human Award for Reaching 10 Million Readers - March 14, 2019
- Delhi Government Will Run 1,000 Electric Buses: Green Transport - March 12, 2019