The per person tree ratio in Mumbai is 1:4, which translates into one plant for every four persons. If we have to live in a sustainable and friendly environment, then this ratio has to go up. An NGO Mission Green Mumbai wants to bring up this ratio to 1:1 through planting 1 crore saplings across the city of Mumbai as well as the suburbs and help those to mature into trees. Green Ubuntu has tied up with Mission Green Mumbai to spread this message across the city, the country and the world.
“We have received great success and support from the people of Mumbai. We want to make this a national movement and take our mission of Each One Plant One to the masses of this country for a sustainable future. We hope our collaboration with Green Ubuntu will take the mission forward,” said Mission Green Mumbai Founder Subhajit Mukherjee.
“Through this tie-up, the idea is to generate as much awareness as we possibly about the environment. I also feel that critical news about the environment often gets missed from national headlines. We want to reverse the trend. Also, there has already been immense environmental degradation due to thoughtless development. That development model needs to change. We want to prevent the planet from reaching a stage from where there is no looking back. We want to take the message to every citizen of the country. It is high time we realized the importance of environment conservation and make it really mainstream. I am sure our partnership will do wonders,” said Muqbil Ahmar, Founder and Editor, Green Ubuntu.
It has always been the mission of Green Ubuntu to bring people and organizations together to combat climate change and environmental health. This is quite aligned with Mission Green Mumbai’s vision to creating environmental awareness through activities and drives. GreenUbuntu supports this initiative and is a proud partner. You can reach out to Mission Green Mumbai through their Facebook page and through this website as well. Do join in large numbers to make this mission a success.
Mission GREEN Mumbai is primarily a citizen movement to protect, plant, and adopt trees. It advocates for environmental awareness and is driven with the motto of “Each One, Plant One”. Mission GREEN Mumbai was pioneered by environmentalist as well as a Green Ubuntu Contributor Subhajit Mukherjee. It works through thousands of volunteers as well as experts. In fact, Mission GREEN Mumbai is one of the largest plantation drives for a green as well as pollution free Mumbai. The NGO conducts free tree plantation drives at housing societies, schools, colleges, public or govt. gardens, open public places, etc. throughout the year. Mission GREEN Mumbai has also been carrying out a successful campaign targeting plastic use and has conducted several beach clean-up drives in the city.
- The World’s Greenest Industries in 2019 - July 3, 2019
- Singapore Transport To Go Electric and Autonomous, Courtesy Volvo - June 4, 2019
- Save Brahmaputra Island Campaign by Assam NGO on World Earth Day - May 7, 2019
- Google Doodle on Earth Day 2019 Celebrates Diversity of Life on Earth - April 22, 2019
- World Water Day 2019 Campaign in Umananda, Assam, against Plastic - March 26, 2019
- Use Artificial Intelligence (AI) For Solving Global Water Crisis - March 23, 2019
- World Frog Day 2019: Let’s Save the Frogs From Extinction - March 22, 2019
- Environmental Journalism: Challenges in a Consumerist Society - March 15, 2019
- Gujarat Solar Auction Fails to Attract Bids due to Low Tariff - March 9, 2019
- Only electric cars to be sold in India by 2030: Go Green - February 28, 2019