Muqbil Ahmar, the founder and editor-in-chief of Greenubuntu, has been honored by Mission Green Mumbai for reaching out to 10 million citizens globally. The Green Human Award was presented by Subhajit Mukherjee, Founder, Mission Green Mumbai.
“I am delighted with this recognition. I thank everyone for their support. This award is for the journalists and environmentalists who have been working tirelessly for environmental conservation, particularly in Mumbai and India at large. We always want to highlight ground zero stories of commitment and courage. I hope we will leave the world a better place than we inherited. I look forward to your support in this movement to save the world. Join Greenubuntu’s mission,” said Muqbil Ahmar, the founder and editor-in-chief of Greenubuntu.
It has always been GreenUbuntu’s mission to bring together people from all walks of life in order to combat global warming as well as climate change and other environmental challenges. This is aligned with the vision of creating environmental awareness through media, publications, events, exhibitions, and other activities. Reach out to Greenubuntu and be part of the movement.
“It is not easy to reach such a large mass of people particularly in today’s digital age. His writings have reached more than 10 million citizens globally. We recognize the hard work that has gone into making people aware. Muqbil Ahmar has been instrumental in the reach out programs,” said Subhajit Mukherjee.
Mission GREEN Mumbai is a movement to protect, plant, as well as adopt trees. It advocates for environmental awareness. It is driven by “Each One, Plant One” slogan. The green NGO was founded by environmentalist Subhajit Mukherjee. It works through thousands of volunteers, including children, and experts. The NGO has been behind one of the largest plantation drives for a pollution free Mumbai. The NGO conducts free plantation drives in societies, schools, colleges, open public places, public or govt. gardens, etc. throughout the year. Mission GREEN Mumbai has also carried out a targeted and successful campaign against plastic use. Mission GREEN Mumbai has conducted several beach clean-up drives in all parts of the city.
- Ather 450 Electric Scooter Warranty Hiked till 3 Years for All Customers - May 14, 2019
- Xiaomi Electric Bike With 120 km Range Launched in China - April 29, 2019
- Earth Day 2019: A Look at Its History and Founding Days - April 21, 2019
- Evoke Motorcycles from China Plans Electric Bike for India Entry - April 5, 2019
- Okinawa Ridge Plus Review: Green Bike For the Youth - March 24, 2019
- How to celebrate eco-friendly Holi in 5 simple ways: Save Environment - March 21, 2019
- Muqbil Ahmar Gets Green Human Award for Reaching 10 Million Readers - March 14, 2019
- Delhi Government Will Run 1,000 Electric Buses: Green Transport - March 12, 2019
- Mahindra & Mahindra Launches Glyd, Premium E Mobility Service - March 1, 2019
- Tree Man of India Vishweshwar Dutt Saklani Passes Away in Uttarakhand - February 6, 2019