An NGO from Assam made waste management as its theme for this year’s Republic Day Celebrations. Voice of Environment, a youth-based organization and headquartered in Guwahati, Assam, celebrated India’s 70th Republic Day by carrying out a cleanliness drive along with a Solid Waste Management awareness campaign in a large municipal dumping site based in Silchar city, Assam.
Solid Waste Management is an emerging environmental issue of current times that is closely interrelated withsocio-economic fabric of our daily life. Planned and Scientific Solid Waste management is an effective tool towards sound civic life.
It is our moral imperative to maintain a clean, green and healthy environment, says Environmentalist Moharana Choudhury. VoE is working on the mission “Clean Green India and Assam vision emphasized by Environment Education in
different parts of India and Assam and we as a team VoE have been doing several research and scientific studies
on waste management issues from time to time and will continue to do so for better environmental sustainability as we did on the occasion of the Republic Day Celebrations,” added the environmentalist.
The programme took place in collaboration with Sabuj Sangha- a Silchar based local youth organization and was led by local social activist Prabal Dutta, local teachers, Naga youth representative as Kaschanlak Rangamai, Nurul Islam Mazumdar school committee, local youths and local residents of waste dumping site were present during the program. The awareness programme includes national flag hosting, plantation drive, oath taking on effective waste management for a model town development followed by short speeches by guests such as Suresh Goala of L.P. School, Kuwarpar, Silachar Assam.
People from different walks of life attended the event. Large number of school students also joined the event on this occasion. Team VoE is grateful for the mutual support and cooperation to achieve global sustainable goals together. Our mission is to transform country and particularly the state of Assam into a sustainable, clean, green
and eco-friendly place through implementing Environmental Education for Republic Day Celebrations.
- Save Brahmaputra Island Campaign by Assam NGO on World Earth Day - May 7, 2019
- Google Doodle on Earth Day 2019 Celebrates Diversity of Life on Earth - April 22, 2019
- World Water Day 2019 Campaign in Umananda, Assam, against Plastic - March 26, 2019
- Use Artificial Intelligence (AI) For Solving Global Water Crisis - March 23, 2019
- World Frog Day 2019: Let’s Save the Frogs From Extinction - March 22, 2019
- Environmental Journalism: Challenges in a Consumerist Society - March 15, 2019
- Gujarat Solar Auction Fails to Attract Bids due to Low Tariff - March 9, 2019
- Only electric cars to be sold in India by 2030: Go Green - February 28, 2019
- Ather Electric Scooters Accessible on Lease for Customers - February 22, 2019
- How to enjoy an environment-friendly green Valentine’s Day - February 14, 2019