India’s capital Delhi continues to reel under very poor air quality for the fourth day on a row. As many as 5 areas of the national capital region (NCR) recorded severe pollution. Authorities have warned that this situation could worsen over the next week owing to localized emissions during the upcoming Diwali festival combined with stubble burning. The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has recorded the air quality index (AQI) in capital Delhi at 341. The steepest AQI this season has been witnessed on October 26 at 361. The CPCB has attributed the AQI and severe air pollution to stubble burning in Punjab and Haryana.
As many as 5 areas in capital Delhi have witnessed severe air pollution levels: Dwarka Sector 8, Anand Vihar, Narela, Rohini, and Punjabi Bagh. In fact, Punjabi Bagh has taken the cake with the highest pollution level recorded at 434. AQI ranging between 0 and 50 is “good”, between 51 and 100 “satisfactory”, between 101 and 200 is “moderate”, between 201 and 300 is “poor”, between 301 and 400 is “very poor” and between 401 and 500 is “severe”.
According to data by System of Air Quality Forecasting and Research (SAFAR), Delhi’s air quality will worsen in the days to come, being in the ‘severe’ category.
Severe Air Pollution Could Dip Further in Delhi
The CPCB has recommended drastic measures from November 1 to 10 due to the approaching festival of Diwali and has predicted deterioration in air quality even as it continues to remain in severe air pollution category. According to data by System of Air Quality Forecasting and Research (SAFAR), Delhi’s air quality will worsen in the days to come, being in the severe air pollution category. The CPCB has recommended drastic measures from November 1 to 10 due to the approaching festival of Diwali and has predicted deterioration in air quality even as it continues to battle severe air pollution category.
Recommendation includes shutting down coal and biomass factories, proactive vehicle inspection by transport department to keep polluting vehicles under check and avoiding traffic congestion in the Delhi and NCR region between November 1 and 10. Authorities have also given out an advisory, through which they have asked people to shun outdoor activities as well as minimize use of private vehicles.
- Shift Clothing Aims At Sustainable Fashion: Opines Founder Nimish Shah - June 2, 2019
- Fashion Needs to Be Closer to Sustainability: Raul Rai, Nicobar Clothing - May 22, 2019
- 5 Really Cool Ecofriendly Clothing Brands: Sustainable Fashion - May 22, 2019
- Ather 450 Electric Scooter Warranty Hiked till 3 Years for All Customers - May 14, 2019
- Xiaomi Electric Bike With 120 km Range Launched in China - April 29, 2019
- Earth Day 2019: A Look at Its History and Founding Days - April 21, 2019
- Evoke Motorcycles from China Plans Electric Bike for India Entry - April 5, 2019
- Okinawa Ridge Plus Review: Green Bike For the Youth - March 24, 2019
- How to celebrate eco-friendly Holi in 5 simple ways: Save Environment - March 21, 2019
- Muqbil Ahmar Gets Green Human Award for Reaching 10 Million Readers - March 14, 2019