As it is said, it’s never too late to start a good work, so as an individual it is our duty to save our mother earth. The question is how! Striking a right balance is the key to sustainable living, thus, reducing the impact on the environment. What is also important is the involvement and equal participation of the public and private sectors. Here is a list of Top 10 easy ways to make you environment friendly
1) Using refillable water bottle
It requires 1.5 barells of oil to manufacture bottles each year. Around 2 million tons of water bottles have turned into landfills in US. The best way to become environment friendly is buying a reusable bottle, so that one keeps getting fresh water each time.
2) Buying reusable bags
When we look at the survey, we find that Americans use 100 billion plastic bags a year which requires 12 billion barrels of⁷ oil .Also, they take huge space in landfills causing severe problems for marine life. So, again use reusable stylish bags whenever you hit a grocery store . And just flaunt your eco-friendly side and motivate others as well !
3) Ride your bike
One should strive for public transportation rather than using more of private vehicles to help reduce carbon footprint and get yourself on the go! As the number of car decreases, lesser is the amount of air pollution and hence the global warming.
4) Learn cycling
For lesser distances, one can always go for cycling. Cycle can be the best mode of transportation and it helps in keeping mind and body fit too.
5) Get yourself to be a volunteer for the green earth
There are many organizations that are working towards the green earth. These organizations are making a lot of contribution towards cleaner earth. Organizations like greenubuntu, zero hour, Fridays for future and manymore are there to build yourself towards green initiatives.
6) Go for local farmer’s market
One should visit your local veggie and fruit vendor . Rather than buying from food mall that requires a lot of transport cost. Fruits and vegetables in mall travels an average of 1500 miles and all of this requires shipping which can cause a lot of pollution , fossil fuel emission and carbon emission. And when we buy locally, there’s lesser amount of transportation that’s needed.
7) Spending sometime outside
Welcome your nature and be grateful to our mother earth by spending time in your garden or your terrace. Try flying kites in the beautiful sky. To thank our nature, try gazing the breathtaking beauty of the cloud, sounds of the chirping bird. Get your kids outdoors and make them do plantation.
8) Start shopping for smart clothes.
Do you wish to adorn new clothes but you want to take care of the nature too? Then go for sustainable fashion. As it goes with any material good, you can go for buying something thats already being used. Start buying online as it requires 30% less energy.
9) Start buying second hand books
Even in academics and reading, we can always use second hand books to reduce less use of paper. By using less paper, we can reduce the impact on forest and thereby cutting energy use and climate change emissions. This limits water, air and other pollution and produces lesser waste.
10) Start planting something
Even each one at individual also , starts taking initiative of planting trees in their nearby vicinity, then one can make the earth a lot more cool. This can decrease global warming and rising temperature and the sea level. Start motivating others like in schools and colleges so that students can make a tremendous change to their environment.
- 10 things you can do to celebrate pollution free Diwali: Go Green - November 15, 2020
- How to Foster Love for the Environment in Kids - August 30, 2020
- Interview: We Must Empower Women for Sustainability, Says Entrepreneur Ajat Shatru - August 25, 2020
- Top 10 Easy Ways to Make you Environment Friendly - August 17, 2020
- World Nature Conservation Day 2020: History and Importance - July 29, 2020
- How Kyra’s Natural Detergents are Keeping the Earth Clean - July 27, 2020
- DuPont Publishes Sustainability Report 2020 - July 23, 2020
- Bipartisan Resolution Highlights the Positive Impact of Gardening in the USA - July 5, 2020
- How to find best tourist places with this Reverse Image Search tool - May 11, 2020
- Earth Day 2020: A Look at Its History and Founding Days - April 22, 2020