The global water crisis is a key across countries and societies. As per a report, the USA wastes about 7 bn gallons of just drinking water every day. On the other hand, let’s look at the stats. Less than 1% of the earth’s surface water is potable, which means found suitable for human consumption. It is therefore imperative to save water in order to secure the future of our next generations. Wastage of water together with climate change and weather conditions is worsening the situation. A precarious fresh water shortage looms large, along with irregularities in the supply as well as demand and this can exacerbate the challenges. Artificial intelligence (AI) is one of the technologies which is being used to prevent water wastage. This can help ameliorate the global water crisis. There are many organizations which have started using artificial intelligence for water control. AI is being used by researchers as the technology in place of hydrological prototypes. These have been found to be successful as well as effective.
Artificial Intelligence for Water Management
Issues such as precipitation, flooding, loss during transport, together with groundwater management need availability of accurate as well as detailed data about water systems. These are generally not available in developing countries due to their constrained economic and infrastructure conditions. Artificial intelligence can be a viable and cost effective alternative to water management in such situations.
Artificial Intelligence forms like Artificial Neural Networks (ANN) as well as Support Vector Machine (SVM) can be used for a cost effective mechanism as compared to big data mechanisms. ANN algorithms can support water processing plants which can provide updated statistics about the available resources as well as help to construct models for the global water crisis. Software programs along with neural networks can help strategize water management dynamically.
The technology is currently helping in the development and management of water resources. The decision making abilities of Artificial Intelligence can automate usage of available resources. The governing bodies as well as water concerned departments are being helped in understanding real-time water loss and wastage.
- Save Brahmaputra Island Campaign by Assam NGO on World Earth Day - May 7, 2019
- Google Doodle on Earth Day 2019 Celebrates Diversity of Life on Earth - April 22, 2019
- World Water Day 2019 Campaign in Umananda, Assam, against Plastic - March 26, 2019
- Use Artificial Intelligence (AI) For Solving Global Water Crisis - March 23, 2019
- World Frog Day 2019: Let’s Save the Frogs From Extinction - March 22, 2019
- Environmental Journalism: Challenges in a Consumerist Society - March 15, 2019
- Gujarat Solar Auction Fails to Attract Bids due to Low Tariff - March 9, 2019
- Only electric cars to be sold in India by 2030: Go Green - February 28, 2019
- Ather Electric Scooters Accessible on Lease for Customers - February 22, 2019
- How to enjoy an environment-friendly green Valentine’s Day - February 14, 2019