The Google Doodle this year has highlighted ”how everyone can plant the seed to a brighter future – one sapling at a time.” On the occasion of the Earth Day, Google Doodle wished a Happy Earth Day 2021! Every year, the Earth Day is celebrated on April 22.
Google also tweeted: ”With people spending more time at home, searches involving “houseplants” reached record highs over the past year. This Earth Day, Latinx With Plants shows us how you can liven up your space with houseplants.” House plants became a connect with nature for many people during the Covid-forced lockdown. People also searched for plants varieties, which would help purify the air around them and Covid is an air-bourne disease.
This year the theme of Earth Day 2021 is the following: Restore Our Earth. The Earth day theme and philosophy ”focuses on natural processes and emerging green technologies that can restore the world’s ecosystems. In this way, the theme rejects the notion that mitigation or adaptation are the only way to address climate change.”
Earth Day gains in significance with every passing year as global climate situation becomes worse. The Earth Day seeks to bring millions of peopple across the globe together as it tries to give an opportunity to stakeholders to create awareness and work on critical issues such as pollution, global warming, and the vanishing green forest cover among other important issues.
This year, the earthday.org called on everyone to “be apart of the change to change the planet”. In 1990, the Earth Day became an ”environmental movement, through which it was working with more than 75,000 partners in more than 190 countries to drive positive action for the planet earth”.
- Google Doodle on Earth Day: Plant Seed for Brighter Future - April 22, 2021
- Smart Sustainable Dehumidifiers and Air Conditioners From LG Energy Air Care - July 20, 2020
- South Africa Plastic Bag Ban Reduces Plastic Use by 90% - April 7, 2019
- How South African Andrew Pollock Is Fighting Plastic Pollution - April 3, 2019
- How Grace Hightower’s Coffee of Grace Helps Rwanda’s Farmers - November 20, 2018
- How 3 Indian engineers created solar innovation for food preservation - November 14, 2018