Britannia & Company Restaurant, Ballard Estate, Bombay: Almost 95 years ago, in 1923, Rashid Kohinoor, like a few other Zoroastrian immigrants, decided to try his luck in restaurant business setting up this now famous restaurant, which could be considered Mumbai’s Most Popular Parsi Joint, in the heart of the city’s business district of Ballard Estate in the Fort area. The restaurant has been up and running since the year 1923 and it is one of Mumbai’s Most Popular Parsi Joint. The Britannia & Company Restaurant is now run and owned by Boman Kohinoor, who is a charming old fellow with a genial nature. He is known to make small talks with diners spread across the tables by personally taking their orders, sometimes suggesting the best dishes to try if he senses you’re new to Parsi cuisine.
The Britannia & Company Restaurant was opened for British officers stationed in the Fort area during the Imperial days and served only continental food. He recalls that nothing has changed much in his restaurant and it very much retains the old world charm of those days, including the imported Bentwood furniture from Poland during the restaurant’s infancy. Nowadays, Boman’s son Afshin looks after the operations and management of Mumbai’s Most Popular Parsi Joint, but Boman Kohinoor still drops in everyday to happily entertain his customers by enthralling them with captivating tales from the colorful past of the Britannia & Company Restaurant and of the city.
So, if you happen to visit Bombay then do come to Mumbai’s Most Popular Parsi Joint and explore the dying culture of Parsi cuisine at Britannia & Company Restaurant because it’s certain that you won’t find anything else so mouth-watering and delectable when it comes to authentic Parsi cuisine at this place. Do try the scrumptious Parsi dishes, including Berry Pulao Rice (a rare rice recipe, available only at select Parsi restaurants), Salli Boti, Caramel Custard, Veg Dhansak, Mutton Berry Pulao, Fish Patra, and Raspberry Soda. It is truly Mumbai’s Most Popular Parsi Joint.
- Breakfast at Flurys: Peach Melba, Crumbly Cake and Fudgy Rum balls - January 3, 2019
- 3 Best Places to Visit in Canada: Nova Scotia, British Columbia, Jasper - December 24, 2018
- Best Beach of Japan for Tourists: Ishigaki Island, The Hidden Holm - November 24, 2018
- 6 Best Airports to Enjoy Your Layovers in Style: Luxe Layovers - November 13, 2018
- Diwali Air Pollution: Trucks banned from Entry into Delhi - November 10, 2018
- 7 Top Places to Discover in Coorg, the Scotland of India, Near Bangalore - November 7, 2018
- Royal Enfield Garage Cafe, Goa: Try Bruschetta, Apple Mocktail, Soufflé - October 29, 2018
- Mumbai’s Most Popular Parsi Joint: Britannia & Company Restaurant - October 10, 2018