In association with Greenubuntu, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), will organize a tree plantation drive, which has been scheduled on 21 June 2021 at 11 am. The drive is to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of Independent India.
“The drive is aimed at increasing environmental awareness in the general public and contribute to increasing the green cover of the area. We must take steps towards environmental conservation and sustainability,” said Mitesh Kumar Mehta, Principal Chief Secretary, AIIMS Patna.
“We are very happy to collaborate with a premier institution like AIIMS for this green plantation drive. He who plants a tree plants a hope’ is a very famous saying by Lucy Larcom. It is particularly appropriate for the present times. We really believe in this philosophy,” said Muqbil Ahmar, Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Greenubuntu.
“The initiative will help the state battle pressing environmental problems and challenges like air pollution in the days to come. We want to make the Earth a better place to live,” said Ushi Fatma, Co-founder and Associate Editor, GreenUbuntu.About Greenubuntu: Greenubuntu is an initiative by the youth of India. It was established in 2017. It is committed to environmental conservation and making the earth a better place. It is a catalyst of change and our aim is to create awareness around the challenges that the environment faces today. It seeks to develop mentally, physically, and socially and build sustainable livelihoods and more efficient economies. Visit http://greenubuntu.com/ for more information or mail at: email@example.com
- Greenubuntu To Organize Plantation Drive in Collaboration with AIIMS - June 20, 2021
- Agra Fort: How Mughals Kept It Cool with no AC - June 10, 2021
- Recycle, Rethink, Reduce and Refuse to Get Rid of Plastics - May 3, 2021
- Can Selling Timber Help Communities Maintain Forests? - March 1, 2021
- Small Enterprises Key to Europe’s Decarbonization - January 20, 2021
- Farmland Expansion May Destroy 25% of Habitat for 1,300 Species In 30 Yrs - January 18, 2021
- Caring for Forests Today to Ensure Clear Skies Tomorrow - August 6, 2020
- International Tiger day: Importance and Significance - August 1, 2020
- Sports, Sustainability and Science: A Win-Win for the Triple Bottom Line - July 19, 2020
- Climate Smart and Sustainable Development of Indian Fisheries and Aquaculture: Research Article - July 10, 2020