Shift clothing brand has an eco-friendly approach to the business of fashion. Nimish Shah, who is the force behind the brand Shift, insists that he uses many different types of sustainable materials and fabrics. In fact, he also talks about reducing factory waste. The collections at Shift are considered trendy these days and they have been worn and kind of endorsed by Bollywood celebrities such as Sonam Kapoor and Kriti Sanon. The celebrity fan following also includes Sonam Kapoor (Sonam K Ahuja), Kalki Koechlin, Anushka Sharma, among others. The brand was launched in the year 2011. The label of Nimish Shah Shift has been able to garner critical acclaim.
Nimish Shah (33) is an alumnus from the London College of Fashion. For him, fashion goes beyond designing clothes. He believes in product design and development. However, he says he is good at putting things together and giving it context. Nimish Shah has been able to that quite well with Shift. The brand has come to be known for the utilitarian approach as well as the modern interpretation of fashion.
Sonam Kapoor has made him the creative director of her husband Anand Ahuja’s 6-year-old clothing label Bhane (now named Bhaane) in Delhi. Shah often talks about reaching the mass market and bringing about change through the Shift clothing brand. Shift clothing has been a work in progress as the brand has literally evolved with respect to finesse, aesthetics, and design communication. The brand has an amazing team in place.
They keep coming up with new perspectives along with fresh creative voices in order to take things forward. The brand has managed to align itself with the taste of today’s day and age and has been successful in creating a modern vocabulary. Shift Clothing is not just an apparel brand, it is also about building a subculture.
- 6 Things I Do to Keep Environment Sustainable: Farhat Hasan, Chairperson, International School - July 3, 2021
- Let’s Make Banana Leaves a Part of Our Lifestyle - May 29, 2021
- Use Banana Stems for Organic Farming: Innovations in Agriculture - May 7, 2021
- Interview: We Must Empower Women for Sustainability, Says Entrepreneur Ajat Shatru - May 5, 2021
- How to Foster Love for the Environment in Kids - May 1, 2021
- 10 things you can do to celebrate pollution free Diwali: Go Green - November 15, 2020
- Top 10 Easy Ways to Make you Environment Friendly - August 17, 2020
- World Nature Conservation Day 2020: History and Importance - July 29, 2020
- How Kyra’s Natural Detergents are Keeping the Earth Clean - July 27, 2020
- Earth Day: A Look at Its History and Founding Days - April 22, 2020