We all understand the problems that modern development and lifestyle have caused. Pollution, global warming and climate change are their peak. In such a situation, it is our responsibility to be sensitive towards the need of our surroundings.
We can save the earth through many ways; even the smallest one can go a long way in conserving the environment. For example, one can go for sustainable, affordable and eco friendly clothing and contribute towards our mission of a green planet. Conforming to your style and comfort, there are several brands of ethical clothing that give you the opportunity to be eco-friendly.
Eco fashion and sustainable clothing for curbing discrimination and inequality
What is remarkable is that these companies not only have eco-friendly clothing and products, but most of them are employee oriented as well, thus rooting out discrimination and inequality from the society. These companies often have an organic line of clothing as well. So, we see that a sensitive approach to the environment inevitably leads to a fair treatment of human beings too. One who is eco-friendly will also be human-friendly.
Alternative Apparel: This is an eco friendly clothing brand that uses nontoxic dye in its manufacturing, thus, giving you a sense of comfort towards your own health and that of the environment. The dyes used here have low impact on the eco-fabric that you buy. Around 80 per cent of the garments of this clothing line are made of ingredients that are sustainable in their processing.
Style Saint: This brand is known for its eco friendly and ethical clothing. It primarily uses 99 per cent less water than other companies. This is a remarkably eco-friendly approach to the environment. Moreover, its employees are paid 2000 per cent higher wage than the other brands, making it an equal opportunity and an employee friendly company: one that puts the welfare of the employees foremost. Every singly piece of eco clothing in their outlet use ethical labor and is an exercise in saving water, thus imparting a feel good factor to the wearer.
H&M Conscious Line: H&M is a big brand which has launched a clothing line which is easy on your wallet as well as environment friendly. They use natural material such as lyocell, which is a rayon fiber made from the pulp of wood, thus going for eco fashion or sustainable clothing. The entire sustainable fashion idea is to reach as many people as possible with the innovation and encourage them to buy eco-friendly products and help them in contributing to the environment. This can only happen if the products are affordable for the masses.
Synergy Clothing: This organic clothing company takes after its founder’s travels in the Himalayas. They tend to use organic material in the manufacture of their eco friendly clothing products. They are also know for paying fair wages to their employees.
Winter Water Factory: This sustainable clothing company uses 100 per cent organic cotton. It is based in Brooklyn. It offers a huge range and variety of organic apparel for babies and children that are recyclable as well as sustainable.
About the author: I am a freelance journalist, environment activist, fashion blogger, and a short film and documentary maker. My association with Taru Mitra, an organization working hard for the environment in India, taught me the value of nature preservation. I want to make the world a better place for future generations. Being a mother, I know how important it is to do that. I love nature, art and creativity. Reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eco-friendly, biodegradable sanitary napkins invented by 2 India students - January 18, 2018
- UN lauds China, India for green energy efforts and fighting climate change - January 14, 2018
- 9 steps on how to grow your own organic potatoes at home - January 7, 2018
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s Art of Living should’ve stopped WCF: Medha Patkar - December 12, 2017
- California fires intensify, threaten Los Angeles, Ventura and San Diego - December 8, 2017
- Delhi air pollution Live Updates: ‘Emergency-like situation’: says Supreme Court, notice to Centre - November 14, 2017
- How to choose air purifier for indoor air pollution: Delhi Smog - November 11, 2017
- Plants which fight air pollution & improve air quality index - November 9, 2017
- 5 really cool eco friendly clothing brands: Environment and sustainable fashion - November 6, 2017
- 3 plants can save your life and lungs: Fight indoors air pollution - November 3, 2017