Global warming and climate change are no longer speculations and wild ideas, although some of the world’s prominent leaders may disagree. They are hard realities that face human beings in the 21st century. The environment has taken a serious beating. Pollution levels and ecological degradation have reach unprecedented levels. Human development has taken a huge toll.
Let’s look at some of the facts. Temperatures globally have increased by more than one degree since the 1880s. In fact, nine out of the 10 warmest years have occurred since the year 2000, says NASA. Arctic Ice shrunk to its lowest in 2012. Sea levels are rising at 3.4 mm per year. It won’t be long before large parts of habitat would get submerged in ocean water.
The threat is very real and very close. Just think, what would we leave for the future generations? There is no time to be lost. It is now or never. We must get together—governments, industry, civil society, common citizens, and institutions—to save the Earth. Steps must be taken before the crisis spins out of control. In all this, technology can play a pivotal role in moving traditional businesses to green operations that are sustainable and driven by renewable sources of energy. That’s why an entire section is devoted to developments in the field of green tech and innovation.
Though governments continue to host international conferences and seminars and declare policy measures, hardly anything moves on the ground. It is not saying that that aspect is not important; however, we can’t leave everything at their doorstep. It is our future after all. Therefore, it is imperative that every one of us pitches in and gets counted. We have to reduce our carbon footprint and save the planet by preventing any further degradation.
In an effort to make the world a better place and make the Earth a less dangerous place to live and love, greenubuntu.com wants to be that catalyst of change. We invite all kinds of novel ideas and solutions to get out of the mess that we find ourselves in. Even the weirdest ones would do; they will be a testimony that we tried. At our end, we will also keep updating you with the latest of news, opinion, government policies, green technology, civil society actions, and other related stuff. After all, it’s our future. Let’s keep the faith.
- Use Banana Stems for Organic Farming: Innovations in Agriculture - June 14, 2018
- Meet green innovator who left Tesla to make India’s fastest electric bike - June 9, 2018
- Big boom predicted in floating solar power plants: Green Energy - April 30, 2018
- World’s 1st 100% solar power train launched with zero emissions: Australia - April 29, 2018
- Earth Day in Bollywood: Dia Mirza, Anushka Sharma, Juhi Chawla, Yuvraj - April 23, 2018
- Earth Day 2018: Let’s pledge to end plastic pollution and use - April 22, 2018
- Welcome to Meenangadi, India’s first carbon-neutral town: Go Green - April 21, 2018
- Mangalore Refinery commissions largest solar power project: India - April 20, 2018
- Use solar-powered data centers and cloud computing for sustainability - April 14, 2018
- Plastic ban not enough, implementation crucial: Dia Mirza, UN Ambassador - April 13, 2018