Global warming and climate change are no longer speculations and wild ideas, although some of the world’s prominent leaders may disagree. They are hard realities that face human beings in the 21st century. The environment has taken a serious beating. Pollution levels and ecological degradation have reach unprecedented levels. Human development has taken a huge toll.
Let’s look at some of the facts. Temperatures globally have increased by more than one degree since the 1880s. In fact, nine out of the 10 warmest years have occurred since the year 2000, says NASA. Arctic Ice shrunk to its lowest in 2012. Sea levels are rising at 3.4 mm per year. It won’t be long before large parts of habitat would get submerged in ocean water.
The threat is very real and very close. Just think, what would we leave for the future generations? There is no time to be lost. It is now or never. We must get together—governments, industry, civil society, common citizens, and institutions—to save the Earth. Steps must be taken before the crisis spins out of control. In all this, technology can play a pivotal role in moving traditional businesses to green operations that are sustainable and driven by renewable sources of energy. That’s why an entire section is devoted to developments in the field of green tech and innovation.
Though governments continue to host international conferences and seminars and declare policy measures, hardly anything moves on the ground. It is not saying that that aspect is not important; however, we can’t leave everything at their doorstep. It is our future after all. Therefore, it is imperative that every one of us pitches in and gets counted. We have to reduce our carbon footprint and save the planet by preventing any further degradation.
In an effort to make the world a better place and make the Earth a less dangerous place to live and love, greenubuntu.com wants to be that catalyst of change. We invite all kinds of novel ideas and solutions to get out of the mess that we find ourselves in. Even the weirdest ones would do; they will be a testimony that we tried. At our end, we will also keep updating you with the latest of news, opinion, government policies, green technology, civil society actions, and other related stuff. After all, it’s our future. Let’s keep the faith.
- Adidas Is creating shoes out of recycled ocean plastic - May 31, 2021
- What is Community-based Tourism and How It Can Preserve Local Culture - May 26, 2021
- Sunderlal Bahuguna, Noted Indian Environmentalist, Dies from Corona Virus - May 22, 2021
- World’s largest Floating Solar Power Plant Is in China - April 15, 2021
- Meet the Man Fighting for the Environment in Kashmir - February 18, 2021
- Wallistry Develops Clay Water Bottles that are 100% bio-degradable - July 25, 2020
- 40-60% Relative Humidity Can Control Covid19: Expert - April 7, 2020
- Blockchain-Enabled Startup Gives Plastic Recycling A Boost - January 28, 2020
- Why Has Renewable Energy Generation Price Nosedived? - May 11, 2019
- 4 Steps For Water Conservation You Can Take This World Water Day - March 30, 2019