Living your life in a sustainable manner would mean that you need to put efforts in place since it will take a somewhat long commitment, because there are a lot to explore, learn, experiment, dedicate your life to sustainable practices, etc. but, most importantly, live happily when you are doing it. But, what if, you are too lazy to do those things, and you can not imagine having to lift yourself and get into an outdoor activity? Well, most of the people do not know that even a sluggish and lazy fellow like you can make a difference even if you are just sitting inside your house and carrying out your lazy schedule and to try to Save Environment. Learn how to Save Environment from your couch, according to the United Nations.
5 Things you can do at home to save the environment
This infographic has been designed by a Product Review website WeAreTop10.com
2) Try to take short showers. Bath tubs need gallons more water than a 5 or 10 minute shower.
3) Consume less meat, fish, and poultry. More resource is used for providing meat than plants.
4) Freeze produce and leftovers, if you do not have the chance to consume them before they turn bad. You could also do this with takeaways and delivered food, if you know you may not feel like eating them the next day. You would save food and money.
5) Compost: Composting food leftovers can reduce overall climate impact whereas recycling nutrients. Recycling of paper, plastic, glass & aluminium will keep landfills from growing.
Some more steps for the enthusiastic:
7) Plug any air-leaks in windows or doors to increase energy efficiency. Adjust thermostat accordingly: higher in summer and lower in winter.
8) Replace old and obsolete appliances with energy-efficient models as well as light bulbs. If you have an option, put up solar panels in your building or house. This would cut your electricity bill.
9) You may get a rug. Carpets as well as rugs can keep your house warm, and thermostat low and help to save environment.
10) Do not rinse. If you utilize a dishwasher, don’t rinse your plates before you run that machine. Let go of the diaper. Keep your baby in cloth diapers or a environmentally-responsible disposable brands. Avoid noisy snow blowers. Use some cardboard matches. They do not need petroleum instead of gas-filled lighters.
Suggested by the United Nations
- Best Mask For Pollution after Diwali: Honeywell, 3M, Vogmask - November 12, 2018
- How to choose air purifier for indoor air pollution: Delhi Smog - November 9, 2018
- 10 things you can do to celebrate pollution free Diwali: Go Green - November 3, 2018
- Severe Air Pollution Hits Delhi: Five Areas of NCR Choke - October 30, 2018
- Delhi Air Quality Moves Towards “Severe” Category for 1st Time in 2018 - October 18, 2018
- Diesel Generators Banned Under GRAP to fight Delhi Air Pollution - October 17, 2018
- World Tourism Day 2018 Pitches for Digital Transformation for Sustainability - September 27, 2018
- 10 Dos From the Couch To Save World: Sustainable Development Goals - September 23, 2018
- Lazy Person’s Guide to Save the Environment: 5 Steps at Home (Infographic) - August 30, 2018
- Air Pollution Causes Diabetes: Washington University School of Medicine - July 20, 2018