The Google Doodle for 2019 has been dedicated to the Earth Day 2019. The event is celebrated every year on April 22. It represents the uniqueness and diversity of the planet earth. While the world is celebrating the Earth Day 2019, Google marked the global day with an interactive doodle. The Google Doodle explores 6 organisms. The Google Doodle features the organisms that have unique qualities, like being the tallest, oldest, smallest, so on and so forth.
“The last thing that I wanted to do was to feature animals and based on how they may appeal to my mammalian sensibilities. We focused on a range of organisms from across the world,” says Kevin Laughlin, who is the Google Doodle creator for Earth Day 2019. The Google Doodle slideshow features the coastal redwood, wandering albatross, paedophryne amauensis, coelacanth, Amazon water lily, and deep cave springtail.
All these have unique features. The wandering albatross has the widest wingspan in the world and which helps it soar in the skies for hundreds of miles without much of a flap. On the other hand, the Coastal redwood or Sequoia sempervirens is the tallest tree in the world. At about 377 ft., the huge tree is equivalent to the length of 75 human beings. Lets look at Paedophryne amanuensis. It is the smallest frog and also the smallest known vertebrate in the world. Its length is just 7.7 mm. The Amazon water lily is among the world’s biggest aquatic plants. It can bear the weight of a person. Coelacanths is 407 million years old. It is a rare order of fish that have been on the planet earth since the days of the dinosaurs. The other featured is deep cave springtails, which are primitive eyeless insects. Scientists have called them the deepest animal ever found.
Life is indeed incredible and it is worth celebrating in every way we can. If the Google Doodle can inspire curiosity or wonder in the millions of its users, it would indeed be a great achievement.
- Save Brahmaputra Island Campaign by Assam NGO on World Earth Day - May 7, 2019
- Google Doodle on Earth Day 2019 Celebrates Diversity of Life on Earth - April 22, 2019
- World Water Day 2019 Campaign in Umananda, Assam, against Plastic - March 26, 2019
- Use Artificial Intelligence (AI) For Solving Global Water Crisis - March 23, 2019
- World Frog Day 2019: Let’s Save the Frogs From Extinction - March 22, 2019
- Environmental Journalism: Challenges in a Consumerist Society - March 15, 2019
- Gujarat Solar Auction Fails to Attract Bids due to Low Tariff - March 9, 2019
- Only electric cars to be sold in India by 2030: Go Green - February 28, 2019
- Ather Electric Scooters Accessible on Lease for Customers - February 22, 2019
- How to enjoy an environment-friendly green Valentine’s Day - February 14, 2019