In view of the spike in the air pollution levels in and around the national capital Delhi and its adjoining areas after Diwali, the Environment Pollution (Prevention and Control) Authority or the EPCA has banned truck entry. Trucks have been banned from entering the national capital region or the NCR. The move has been taken in order to prevent further deterioration in air quality and Diwali Air Pollution. Delhi has seen air quality nosediving to ‘very poor’ and ‘severe category’ in some places in the after math of the Diwali celebrations. The EPCA is a Supreme Court empowered body acting on Diwali Air Pollution.
However, trucks which carry essential items, are exempt from the restriction, the EPCA has pronounced in its directive which was issued to the senior officials of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Delhi governments (Chief Secretaries).
In its communication with the states, the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has asked all the authorities, specifically the police, besides the transporters, to ensure action on the order so that the “trucks can be turned around before they can enter Delhi or the national capital”. The EPCA directed the authorities, particularly in the affected states, to ask the population to refrain from utilizing diesel cars in this time period and Diwali Air Pollution.
“The forecast on air quality from SAFAR or the System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting and Research of the Ministry of Earth Sciences and the India Meteorological Department (IMD) says that the period after Diwali could see a steep deterioration in air quality due to low dispersion and winds from the northwest, which bring emissions to this region,” Bhure Lal, the EPCA Chairman has said in the letter.
“On the Basis of the forecast and the recommendation from the CPCB-headed Task Force, the EPCA is directing the additional action (barring entry of trucks). Other measures, as directed by the EPCA on Oct 27 as well as 31 must be strictly implemented,” he says in the letter.
- Best Bakery in Kolkata: Lose Yourself in the Aroma of Flurys - January 3, 2019
- 3 Best Places to Visit in Canada: Nova Scotia, British Columbia, Jasper - December 24, 2018
- Best Beach of Japan for Tourists: Ishigaki Island, The Hidden Holm - November 24, 2018
- 6 Best Airports to Enjoy Your Layovers in Style: Luxe Layovers - November 13, 2018
- Diwali Air Pollution: Trucks banned from Entry into Delhi - November 10, 2018
- 7 Top Places to Discover in Coorg, the Scotland of India, Near Bangalore - November 7, 2018
- Royal Enfield Garage Cafe, Goa: Try Bruschetta, Apple Mocktail, Soufflé - October 29, 2018
- Delhi’s Most Famous Food Joint: Karim’s Near Jama Masjid - October 13, 2018
- Mumbai’s Most Popular Parsi Joint: Britannia & Company Restaurant - October 10, 2018