Automobile major Mahindra & Mahindra has launched the Glyd E Mobility Service. This will propel the auto maker M&M in the shared mobility space as well. The premium e-mobility service is completely technology based and will be tested as a pilot in Mumbai, the capital of Maharashtra on selected routes.
To start with, the e-mobility service will be available for company executives who work in the Bandra Kurla Complex (also popularly known as BKC). The company executives can travel from home to office as well as the way back and return home in the evening by using the electric vehicle (EV) fleet. There will be a fixed tariff for the office going passengers. This will add predictability to the type of vehicles they would be able to use for their commuting. This can be a boon for the area which usually faces severe traffic crunch and is usually catered to by smoke bellowing auto rickshaws.
Dr Pawan Goenka, who is the managing director of Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., was the one to flag off the 1st batch of around 10 e Veritos. This is Mahindra & Mahindra’s electric sedan, which has been brought from M&M’s Kandivali manufacturing unit in the heart of Mumbai city.
The eventual plan for the e mobility shared mobility project will be to expand the service across various parts of Mumbai. The Glyd E Mobility Service will later go pan India. Glyd E Mobility Service will only utilize Mahindra made EVs in order to promote e-mobility in the city as well as in the country. Recently, a number of startups as well as established players have been jumping on to the e mobility bandwagon. Glyd basically combines quality comfort along with personalized content delivery. The premium e-mobility service may be booked through Android as well as the iOs apps. The premium e-mobility service is targeted at the daily commuters.
- Avan Motors Soon Launching New Series Of Digital Electric Scooters - March 18, 2019
- Muqbil Ahmar Gets Green Human Award for Reaching 10 Million Readers - March 14, 2019
- Delhi Government Will Run 1,000 Electric Buses: Green Transport - March 12, 2019
- Ather 450 Review: Cool Looks, Well Designed, Powerful Electric Scooter - March 7, 2019
- Mahindra & Mahindra Launches Glyd, Premium E Mobility Service - March 1, 2019
- Bajaj Auto Urbanite May Set Benchmarks for Electric Scooters in India - February 21, 2019
- Tree Man of India Vishweshwar Dutt Saklani Passes Away in Uttarakhand - February 6, 2019
- The Chobani Way: Bringing Sustainability and Natural Values Together - January 21, 2019
- 429 Elephants Killed in India in Past 10 Years By Poachers - January 18, 2019
- Kolkata Air Pollution Level Spikes; Air Quality Rivals National Capital Delhi - January 6, 2019