What opportunities can technology such as artificial intelligence, big data, mobility, and digital platforms provide to the tourism sector as well as sustainable development? At the World Tourism Day 2018 (WTD), digital innovations take center stage in order to bring together growth as well as greater sustainability in tourism. There is a need to highlight the investment in disruptive digital technologies which could provide innovation and entrepreneurship in tourism.
Celebrations were held in Budapest, Hungary. This is one country which has been enjoying growth in tourism backed by policy support as well as commitment to digital future. WTD celebrations took place worldwide too. The sessions explored the opportunities for the tourism sector through technological advances, such as big data as well as digital platforms. The World Tourism Day 2018 hosted the announcement of semifinalists of the 1st UNWTO Tourism Startup Competition, which was launched by UNWTO and Globalia in order to give visibility to startups that have come up with innovative ideas and are capable of revolutionizing travel and tourism.
Today, flights and hotels are booked through digital platforms. Travelers read reviews online for selecting local eateries. Social Media has contributed in a big way in making the world a Global Village. In fact, user-generated content has been playing a significant role in Digital Marketing. Smartphones as well as the Internet has made decision making quicker. The world is hyper connected! With databases and technology at our disposal, it is about time that we know how we innovate as well as disrupt the sector of tourism even more for a more inclusive, economical, as well as environment friendly tourism.
On this World Tourism Day 2018, the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) announced Semi-Finalists for its first UNWTO Tourism Startup Competition 2018 which tries to bring forward a futuristic approach to startups as well as innovative initiatives across the world. Those enterprises and entrepreneurs who can bring innovative ideas to transform how the world travels.
- Air-o-Thon Conference Seeks to Bring Focus Back on Indoor Air Pollution - December 10, 2018
- Use Artificial Intelligence (AI) For Solving Global Water Crisis - November 29, 2018
- Environmental Science Necessary for Solutions to Environmental Problems - November 8, 2018
- North East Environmentalists Get India’s Great Leaders Award (IGLA) 2018 - October 31, 2018
- Air-o-Thon and Green Ubuntu Partner for Fighting Air Pollution - October 27, 2018
- Environment Laws Have Benefited More from Supreme Court than Govt - October 22, 2018
- Breaking News: Delhi Air Pollution Emergency Plan from Tomorrow - October 14, 2018
- Mission Green Mumbai and Green Ubuntu Partner for Raising Awareness - October 12, 2018
- Airothon Air Pollution Conference Talks Mass Awareness in Bangalore - October 7, 2018
- Best Environment Website Award by Green Ubuntu to Create Awareness - October 2, 2018