Karim’s, Jama Masjid, Delhi has to be one of the most iconic and pioneering restaurants of Delhi, the capital of India. Delhi’s Most Famous Food Joint was established in 1913 by Haji Karimuddin in the walled city of Delhi, just opposite Jama Masjid. The city is well known for its rich historical heritage and culture. It was the seat of power since the past 2000 years and has developed its own distinctive aura as far as culinary tastes are concerned. The well-known restaurant and Delhi’s Most Famous Food Joint was actually started out as a Dhaba or a small food joint and has been frequented by celebrities and stars such as Bollywood icon Dilip Kumar, among other renowned heroes.
Karim’s started out as a modest establishment, serving only two items which included Alu Gosht (mutton with potatoes) and Daal (lentil curry) on the menu. These were to be had along with Rumaali Rotis. The secret of its culinary success lies with the ‘Karim family’, which basically traces its culinary roots to the times of the Royal Kitchens of the Mughal Empire in medieval times.
Karim’s is a gastronomic delight for non-vegetarian food lovers, and nothing compares to its original Mughlai dishes that are always in great demand. Visitors come from far and wide to have a taste of the fare at Delhi’s Most Famous Food Joint. It is also very economical and serves many delicacies that are not available elsewhere. The core of its menu includes many lip-smacking dishes and recipes such as Mutton Burra, Mutton Raan, Keema Parantha, Badam Pasanda, Chicken Noor Jehan and Chicken Jahangiri. If you have a sweet tooth, do try the Kheer Benazir (prepared with milk, broken rice, and sugar) and Shahi Tukda (fried bread soaked in condensed milk). The offerings seldom fail to delight the patrons of Delhi’s Most Famous Food
Delhi’s Most Famous Food Joint has many branches in the city, but nothing matches the taste of the original Karim’s located in the walled city of Delhi.
- Blockchain-Enabled Startup Gives Plastic Recycling A Boost - January 28, 2020
- Use Banana Stems for Organic Farming: Innovations in Agriculture - June 3, 2019
- Why Has Renewable Energy Generation Price Nosedived? - May 11, 2019
- Lightning Strike Electric Sports Bike Formally Showcased - April 2, 2019
- 4 Steps For Water Conservation You Can Take This World Water Day - March 30, 2019
- World Water Day Theme: Include Women, Refugees, Children, Minorities - March 28, 2019
- International Day of Forests 2019: Lets Learn to Love Forests - March 23, 2019
- Avan Motors Soon Launching New Series Of Digital Electric Scooters - March 18, 2019
- Trend E Electric Scooter from Avan Motors Officially Unveiled - March 13, 2019
- 5 green cars in India with low emissions to combat Air Pollution - March 11, 2019