Stepping into 1 Hotels is a novel experience. There are plants all around: on the walls; hanging from the ceilings; in the lobby. They are all putting out oxygen. The “green” is part of the aesthetics, both literally as well as figuratively. The botanical installations have been designed by Wynwood Arts District’s Plant the Future. This is the passion of former Starwood CEO Barry Sternlicht. 1 Hotels is a socially responsible chain of hotels which are comforting and sustainable both. This shows that the importance of environmental sustainability is being recognized in the hospitality industry.
1 Hotels believes in the philosophy that human beings live in one world and that all must coexist. Currently, the hotels are in New York and Miami, but this eco-friendly line is trying to expand globally. 1 Hotels is creating spaces which are inspired by nature. The idea is to maintain as low a carbon footprint as possible. So, no matter whether it is the design of the hotels, the interiors, lighting, or the food in the restaurants, they are all guided by the principle of sustainability and a care for the environment. All the features and comforts are aimed at enhancing the experience of customers, ensuring that their stay is inspiring and relaxing.
“I wanted to capture the beauty of nature in a hotel. It is 1 world. It is more than a hotel – it is a philosophy and a platform for change,” says Barry Sternlicht, CEO & Chairman, 1 Hotels.
Sustainability is at the heart of the mission of 1 Hotels. The hotels—the second opened on Sixth Avenue in Manhattan last year—has already drawn rave reviews. 1 Hotel South Beach has made it to several lists as one of the best new hotels. The eco-friendly business has taken a step further in the direction by creating a “Transparency Dashboard,” which can be accessed on the Web, and can be used to assess the effectiveness of the sustainability programs. It shows water and energy consumption, among other things. This is backed by the survey of guests in 1 Hotels. Various stats are presented in an interesting and interactive way such as how much water a guest consumes in a day or stay. All very useful information and which can guide our own responses.
- Mumbai’s Dabbawalas Save Food Worth Rs. 40 Lakh Every Day - December 5, 2018
- Tarte Cosmetics Blends Glamour n Green with Amazonian Clay, Maracuja - November 30, 2018
- Eileen Fisher Designs Reinforce Sustainable Fashion - November 28, 2018
- How 1 Hotels is Combining Hospitality and Sustainability - November 22, 2018
- Best Mask For Pollution after Diwali: Honeywell, 3M, Vogmask - November 12, 2018
- How to choose air purifier for indoor air pollution: Delhi Smog - November 9, 2018
- 10 things you can do to celebrate pollution free Diwali: Go Green - November 3, 2018
- Severe Air Pollution Hits Delhi: Five Areas of NCR Choke - October 30, 2018
- Delhi Air Quality Moves Towards “Severe” Category for 1st Time in 2018 - October 18, 2018
- Diesel Generators Banned Under GRAP to fight Delhi Air Pollution - October 17, 2018