Daylesford Organic, which is close to Kingham in the United Kingdom, is an award winning farm shop as well as café, which can boast of a dairy as well as a creamery right on the site. The farm kitchens as well as the organic animals roam around free on the close by organic pastures. The café at Daylesford Organic serves organic breakfasts, lunch, as well as traditional afternoon tea. The on site farm shop stores organic breads, meat, dairy products, etc. This comes along with a host of organic gifts from both the home as well as the garden. Besides all this, Daylesford Organic also offers cookery courses as well as workshops for gardeners. Daylesford Organic can boast of stores across the United Kingdom, which sell organic food as well as vegetables.
Organic food has got many benefits, such as positive impact on your health as well as the environment. It has a major role in creating a sustainable future in the UK. Food producers as well as stores have started observing such benefits. Check out online businesses selling food and drink here and what you will notice is that most of them have an inclination towards organic products. This is happening because consumers and customers are becoming increasingly conscientious and aware about the food they consume as well as the story behind it.
As part of its vision to push the sustainability agenda further, Daylesford Organic aims to make its farms 75 per cent energy self sufficient along with zero food waste. This is impressive. (For your own zero food waste ideas, check out this post.). The green company is quite serious about bringing reductions in the unobserved negative impact of waste on our environment, health, and soil.
In the year 2012, Daylesford Organic made one of the biggest investments in renewable energy. It was in the shape of 1,000 solar panels, which generate electricity in order to power the shop, production, facilities as well as the café on a summer’s day.
- 5 green cars in India with low emissions to combat Air Pollution - March 11, 2019
- Mahindra Glyd, Premium Tech-based E-mobility Service, Starts in Mumbai - March 3, 2019
- Renewable Sources of Energy Surpassed Coal in Germany - January 9, 2019
- 5 tips on how to celebrate green and eco-friendly Christmas - December 26, 2018
- How Daylesford Organic Is Bringing Sustainability in Food Habits - December 11, 2018
- Environment Protection Act, 1986: Policy Matters for Social Change - October 28, 2018
- Bryan Adams Shocked at Delhi Air Quality, Posts Photo on Instagram - October 21, 2018
- How Urban Air Pollution Can Damage A Growing Foetus and Baby - October 16, 2018
- 6 Ways to Celebrate Green Ganesh Chaturthi and Cut Environmental Impact - September 5, 2018
- Floods in India and Farmer Suicides due to Climate Change, Global Warming - August 9, 2018